blendOS v4 has been announced. Learn more
Efficient, yet elegant.
All you need in a powerful, minimal system.
blendOS keeps everything simple, delivering on application and game compatibility from various sources while offering a lightweight atomic & declarative Arch system. Just double-click an APK, DEB or RPM to install it.
- Application support
- blendOS offers support for applications and binaries from several distributions and Android, without the fear of breaking your system through the use of podman containers.
- blendOS v4 is fully declarative, allowing you to use custom packages, kernels, drivers and desktop environments on a minimal, atomic Arch Linux base system.
- Atomic updates
- Unlike most other operating systems, blendOS ensures your system does not end up in a half-broken state by replacing your old root filesystem with a new one cleanly.
- Thanks to its immutable nature, blendOS prevents you from wrecking your system by deleting all of your system directories, or worse, with a simple recursive remove operation.
Frequently asked questions
- Which distribution is blendOS based on?
blendOS uses Arch Linux for its base system.
- Can packages from distributions clash?
No, containers prevent them from conflicting with one another.